Construction Underway on New Community Center for the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians
Here’s a progress update on the Jacob Cornsilk Community Center. Construction recently began on the 46,370 SF community and recreation center for the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians. We are thrilled to be a part of this important project that will eventually serve this entire community.
MPS is working with a great team that includes 4D Engineering; RMF Engineering; Britt, Peters and Associates; Aniwaya Design; and James R. Vannoy & Sons Construction.
Once completed, the community center will include:
- New gymnasium with basketball / volleyball courts and an elevated running track with elevator access.
- New fitness areas including free weight + cardo rooms, locker rooms and showers, office area, and storage.
- Expanded library + classroom space.
- New improved office space for multiple community services including Police, Transit, Community Health, Family Support, and Administration.
- New Health + Dental clinic.
- Relocated memorial installation
- Beautiful views of nearby Snowbird Creek.
To learn more about the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians visit: http://ebci.com.