Leed

University of Richmond Stadium

In Association with BCWH

Prior to McMillan Pazdan Smith’s involvement, the University of Richmond Spiders last played a home game on campus in 1929.  The firm began with a feasibility study to determine how football could be brought back to campus and concluded that the existing First Market Stadium, formally home to soccer and track only, could be adapted into a multi-sport venue including football and lacrosse.

McMillan Pazdan Smith led careful planning efforts to understand and minimize the impact to the surrounding communities by performing traffic and parking studies, light and noise pollution analysis and developing game day traffic plans.

Through private donations, the stadium was renovated and increased to a 9,000 seat capacity with buildings on either side to house the press box, hospitality suite, President’s box and space allocated for a future club level.  The Home Halftime House located adjacent to the field provides the Spiders generous meeting space for before and after game gatherings.  Opposite the Home Halftime House, the Fan Zone is an exciting new location for tailgating activities.